Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2001 16:46:07 -0400
From:      "John Straiton" <jsmailing@clickcom.com>
To:        "Francesco Casadei" <fcasadei@inwind.it>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Problem with the Exclude option of tar

Thanks. While this wasn't the solution, it did indicate to me what is the
problem.

The file quota.user is in the /home directory, not one of it's subs. When
you tell tar that you want it to backup quota.user (cause it's part of `ls
/home/`), then tell it to exclude it, it'll still write the file. Apparently
this is by design, so filtering by if's in the .sh script is really the only
way that I'll get it to do what I want (if the files are in /home/ instead
of one of it's subdirectories)

Thanks again,
John