Date:      Tue, 28 May 1996 11:20:51 GMT
From:      mgessner@winc.com (Matthew Gessner)
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: xf86 and mouse problem -- solved

Well, folks, it's been one of those weeks.

I had mistakenly followed the information that was in the xf86config
file about the kind of mouse I have and used the MouseMan protocol,
even though the mouse I had was using a PS/2 protocol under (yuck!)
Win95.  Anyway, someone (Gary Corcoran) prodded my memory and reminded
me that I had much the similar setup at home on my Dell -- i.e. a
Logitech PS/2 style mouse and the mouse port on the back.

Anyway, I used the PS/2 protocol and home and it turns out to work
JUST FINE here at work as well.  Thanks to all those who responded.

Next -- can anyone tell me what the heck a bus mouse is if what I have
ain't it?  Was there a special card or something that made a "bus
mouse?"

Later all,

	Matt

---
Matthew A. Gessner <mgessner@aristar.com>
Computer Scientist, Aristar, Inc.
Software Systems for Handheld Computers
Akron, Ohio, USA
(330) 668-2267 (Voice)                   (330) 668-2961 (Fax)