Date:      Sun, 09 Feb 1997 12:44:21 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.dk.tfs.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.0-970124-SNAP: man page search order

In message <Mutt.19970209121157.j@uriah.heep.sax.de>, J Wunsch writes:

>> >(I wonder what people would say if we now also came up with another
>> >set of man pages for already used names, for everything inside of
>> >Perl. :-)
>>
>> I think that would be a good idea.
>
>Hmm, if there's something i don't like about Perl, it's its man page/
>standard documentation.  Ideally, i'd love a short man page, and some
>longer HTML ref.  The same would probably hold for Tcl as well.  Look,
>the C compiler man page doesn't describe the entire C language
>either...

I like the tcl way:  A "intro" like page under the name of tcl and
man pages for the rest of the stuff grouped (mostly) logically.

pretty much like csh for instance.

Of course the problem for perl would be to describe the syntax in
only a few pages...

whois: [PHK]                | phk@tfs.com           TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Power and ignorance is a disgusting cocktail.