Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 10:07:12 +0200 (GMT+0200)
From:      Manoli Piperakis <mpip@apies.frd.ac.za>
To:        ralf@acadiacom.net
Cc:        sue@welearn.com.au, lfloyd@sonic.net, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbies list [was: partition spanning multiple drives]

Ralf Black wrote:
) Maybe you should change the name of the list to "freebsd-chat".
)
) The name "freebsd-newbies" gives me to understand that I, as beginner,
) could ask questions and they might be answered by a more seasoned
) veteran. As you can see, the demand is here.
)
) I used to be a subscriber to "frebsd-questions" and received an average
) of 120 messages per day, but 95% are useless to me, because I didn't
) understand what the talk was about. I don't know what questions are not
) allowed in freebsd-questions, but noticed that newbies are used for
) laughing stock on this list.
)
) As for me, I don't run FreeBSD yet. But this could be a great mailing
) list to evaluate the product and ask stupid questions without being
) laughed at.

Hear hear ! Excellently put. Couldn't agree with you more - on all
points.

Manoli