Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:26:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
To:        Yann Berthier <yb@sainte-barbe.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Administrivia: Discussion - Making this list subscriber-only

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Yann Berthier wrote:

>    Sorry to sound dump, but what is the problem with setting the "From:"
>    with your favorite mua when the case arise ? We all do this all the
>    time to cope with several addresses and a lot of technical
>    subscribers_only list.

Because if you're behind a corporate proxy server/firewall, using a
corporate mail system, you may not have the latitude to play games with
the mail headers.  If I'm at work anywhere other than the main office, I
*can't* access my home machine and send mail from it during the day.
Effectively, I would be able to send messages only in the evening.  This
isn't a profound issue, but it does prevent participation in real-time
discussions.

KeS