Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2000 02:30:31 +0100
From:      "Andy Coates" <andy@friends-tv.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help! SSHD2 gone mad!

Hi,

Something's gone wrong with my SSH setup. It was working until I killed the
daemon, and when I started it back up later it now logs in, but doesn't seem
to take on the login.conf directives, i.e. it has maxproc for example set to
3, when infact that user has maxproc unlimited in the config. Thats the only
problem I've noticed so far, but I can't do much with maxproc as 3 anyway.

The only thing I've changed in the SSHD2 config is to try and let SSHD1
clients connect, but that isn't working either - maybe both problems are
related?

Because I do a lot of admin work, I don't want to work as root from a telnet
session - so if anyone has any idea what I've done wrong and can help me fix
it, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy.