Date:      Sat, 6 Jun 1998 00:36:17 +0000
From:      "Frank Pawlak" <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        "Kerby Smith" <kerby@bengali.npl.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: frying monitors

Configuring and X server is not something to be afraid of.  Yes it is possible
to ruin a monitor by setting up your X server incorrectly and running the
monitor beyond is specifications.  If you have the documentation for the video
card and the monitor that define the maximum horizontal and vertical sync
rates, and if you use those to set up the X server you don't have anything to
be concerned with.

Re-read the X setup instructions again with this in mind, to get an idea on how
to go about setting it up, and if you need further help, let me know and I'll
walk you through it.

What version of FreeBSD and XFree86 are yopu planning to use?

Good Luck,

Frank