Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2001 22:51:57 -0700
From:      Brent Kearney <brent@kearneys.ca>
To:        "THG@VSL" <hwg@vsl.cua.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Unix Services for Windows...

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 08:59:46AM -0500, THG@VSL wrote:
> Hello all,
> Anyone get Win2k Services for Unix to synch passwords with a FreeBSD 4.3
> box?
> TIA,
> Sabre
> P.S. Please CC me any answers, as I am not on the FreeBSD questions list.

I know this doesn't directly address your question, but it might be
helpful anyways.  You can use Samba 2.2 by itself to keep your
passwords synchronized between Win2k and FreeBSD.  You will need to
configure samba as a primary domain controller, then add:

unix password sync = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u

to your smb.conf file.  Users can then use ctrl-alt-del in Win2k to
change their passwords on the domain.

Cheers,

Brent