Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 1997 11:08:33 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Pedro Giffuni <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bloated operating systems

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> John Fieber wrote:
> >
> > This microsoft quote from an infoworld article caught my eye:
> >
> >  "We have no intention of shipping another bloated OS and shoving
> >   it down the throats of our users," Maritz said regarding the concept
> >   of delivering JFCs on top of the Windows operating system.
>
> Translated, this means:
> "OS2 is just ANOTHER bloated OS because they include Java; to be THE
> REALLY bloated OS you need ActiveX," Maritz meant to say.

That's okay then because I thought that Maritz was originally saying:

"I've had enough of working for Microsoft and I'm going to make stupid
comments implying our previous operating systems were bloated and didn't
work properly and we shoved it down peoples throats... Yes, this should
get me fired."

However if he was just slagging off OS/2 in a unique way then perhaps he's
up for a promotion.

Well, just for a change I think I follow something about Microsoft now!

--
Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342