Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 12:58:17 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        ulmik@proxy.lkb.lv
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SNAP-970716

Hi,

> > Something is clearly wrong with those times for the SMP case.  But I can't
> > recreate anything similar here.  Larry is a dual P6 which uses the
> > "SMP_TIMER_NC" code (implicitly, the mptable directs it to).  Moe is a
> > 2.2 UP system:
> >
> > I would suggest cvsupping to get the latest sources, I was mucking with alot
> > of
> > the code on the 16th.
> I done it already but problem remained so i got another PCI 3com but it
> recreate problem .. after that i changed to ISA 3com ( ep0 ) and it
> works fine ( as usualy :) .. dunno what can be problem

so this means it might be ISA vs. PCI related.  my tests were also PCI based,
so this probably isn't the difference.  Sounds more like its related to
the vx0 driver under SMP.  You previously stated that it worked with an
earlier SNAP, was this an identical system otherwise?  Specifically, were
you using the 3com/vx0 driver in that working SNAP?

--
Steve Passe	| powered by