Date:      Fri, 06 Sep 2002 04:24:50 -0400
From:      "E. J. Cerejo" <ecerejo@myrealbox.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   QT2 and QT3

I'm running Freebsd stable (pre-4.6) and when I try to install QT3 I get

You have QT2 headers installed!  Installing this port
will result in conflicts between QT3 and QT2!
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt30.

I see that I have QT2 installed because it is required by the following
ports:
avifile-0.6.0.20011220_1,1
kvirc-2.1.1_1
licq-qt-gui-1.0.4
toolbox-0.4.6
vorbis-tools-1.0.r3_4,2

I need QT3 because it's required by these:
arts-1.0.2,1
gqmpeg-0.16.0
kde-3.0.1
kdebase-3.0.1
kdegames-3.0.1
kdegraphics-3.0.1
kdelibs-3.0.1_1
kdemultimedia-3.0.1
kdenetwork-3.0.1_2
kdeutils-3.0.1
koffice-1.1.1,1
libao-esound-0.8.2_1

What can I do to make this work?  Is there a way around it?