Date:      Wed, 06 Dec 2000 13:14:56 -0800
From:      Eric Hedstrom <erich@peregrine.com>
To:        axtjr@uaa.alaska.edu
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mitsubishi Pedion em & PAO3

Hi Tom,

The 589D should work fine. I'm using one along with a 589C under FreeBSD
3.4.

It looks like your pccardd isn't being activated at all. Try changing the
lines in rc.conf from

apm_enable=YES="YES"
pccard_enable=YES="YES"

apm_enable="YES"
pccard_enable="YES"

and see how that goes. You may also need to uncomment the irq line at the
top of pccard.conf. If that still doesn't do it, see if your BIOS setup
has an option to run the Cardbus controller in Legacy/PCMCIA mode instead
of Cardbus mode.

Finally, it looks like you'll need to add an entry to pccard.conf for the
modem. The one from 4.2 stable looks like

# 3com/USR/Megahertz 3CCM556
card "3Com" "3CXM/3CCM556"
        config  0x23 "sio" ?

and it looks like the format in 3.51 is a little different, more like

# 3com/USR/Megahertz 3CCM556
card "3Com" "3CXM/3CCM556"
        config  auto "sio1" any

Let us know how it goes! :)