Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:11:34 -0500
From:      Bruce Campbell <bruce@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   seeking recommendation on ATA RAID controller

I plan to buy 4 ATA RAID controllers, for use in 4 separate
FreeBSD 4.7 systems, and am currently examining:

 - Adaptec 2400A ATA-100
 - Promise SuperTrak SX6000
 - 3ware Escalade 7500-4LP

I need the one that causes no headaches.

If anyone has particularly good or bad experience, I would like to
hear about it.  I have not bought the drives yet, but will need
4 drives of roughly 160 - 200GB, on each controller.

total i/o will be relatively light, 2 megabytes per second
maybe, not sustained, mostly sequential.

Thanks for any experience and wisdom anyone has to share.

--
Bruce Campbell
Engineering Computing