Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 1999 08:30:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/14744: tksetathome hangs sysinstall due to lack ofemailaddress

The following reply was made to PR ports/14744; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To: Jay Krell <jay.krell@cornell.edu>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:22:49 -0500 (EST)

 Hi,

 On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Jay Krell wrote:

 > The package install hung. I had to switch to another console and kill
 > stuff to get /stand/sysinstall to proceed. (very similar behavior to
 > the tk/e package install which hangs (or loops forever) asking you to
 > accept the license agreement.)

 Okay - I see what the problem is.  The problem is _not_ with tkseti, but
 the setiathome install script that gets run after installation.

 Again, this is still not the ports problem - maybe you think it's making
 too much of an assumption to assume that you'll try to use a network
 program wo/ your networking set up, but it's still not a package problem.

 The package will work fine if you just say "no" and set up the program
 later when you're networking IS set up.

 This PR should be closed as it's an operator error, not a package error.

 Brett
 Dr. Brett Taylor         brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
 Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
 Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *
 Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics		    *
 Walker 234	(540) 831-5410			    *