Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 11:57:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Sam <sam.ljubicic@halmstad.mail.telia.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Cd rom device missing for installation

On Sat, 14 Dec 1996, Sam wrote:

> I have bought your FreeBSD 2.1 and got stuck in the installation.
> The device for my cd rom (panasonic 10x) is missing.
> In the boot i have many conflicts and then i remove them, there are still
> conflicts.
> What to do? How to show the installation program were my cd rom is?
> If i cant find it i will not to be able to complete the installation.

Look for the devices that say CONF in front of them.  Those are the
conflicting device(s).  If they are unneeded, disable them, or else change
their settings, or in the case of the mouse driver & syscons, ignore it.

Assuming your CDROM is ATAPI/IDE interfaced, you shouldn't need to
configure anything other than ensure that the controller (wdc) it's
attached to is properly configured.