Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:27:25 -0500
From:      "Robert Blayzor" <rblayzor@inoc.net>
To:        <karendhome@nes1.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: remove pop lock

This has nothing to do with being a "firewall".  If you are running
Qpopper (POP3) this is a common problem.  This happens when someone
tries to pop into the same account when another session is already
active.  Or possibly the qpopper session crashed leaving the poplock
file undeleted.

There is no fix.  You simply don't have multiple pop sessions.  In
practice, it's not a good idea to do so.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

"If I had it all to do over again, I'd spell creat with an ""e"".  -
Kernighan"