Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:56:06 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        evelio <evelio@eclipse.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: On install Cdrom won't mount

evelio wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just recently bought FreeBSD 4.0. I am using a Packard Bell, Axcel 3520
> with 16 ram and 100 mhz ( Intel Pentium )I can boot up from the CDROM
> without a problem
>
> However during the install of FreeBSD towards the end when I need the CDROM
> to copy files it does not find the CDROM.
>
> The only thing I can tell you about the CDROM is that it is quad speed.
>
> Is there some configuration I need to do or should I get a newer CDROM.

A frequent error was mounting the CDROM on the secondary IDE
controller as a slave. That was an error if it was the only device.
You can tell from the boot if it is an master or a slave device. If is
mis-jumpered, you will have to move one of the berg-jumpers on the
back of the CDROM from the sl[ave] to the ma[ster] position.

Kent

> Evelio

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA