Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 20:36:33 +0200
From:      "Gail Jacobs" <gsjacobs@netactive.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   TTF Importing...is it possible?

Dear freebsd-questions@freebsd.org,

thank you VERY much, for your help with my soundcard, its working thanks to
u guys =)
another question, in my transistion from windows to bsd. is it possible to
incorporate my windows .TTF and .FON fonts for use in bsd, as there are some
fonts that i am very fond of. i have tried creating a symbolic link in my
X11 fonts directory and adding it in the X11 config file...but it seems that
the X server doesn't like .TTF or .FON files, and no new fonts are available
when i check. i did run "mkfontdir" which i presume is to update the fonts
directory. any help on this problem would yet again be much appreciated.

thanks once again for your time and efforts
regards
Jonathan Jacobs