Date:      Sat, 16 Jan 1999 16:30:11 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   prefetch all of a ports distfiles?

Lets say I'd like to install /usr/ports/x11/gnome on my dialup FreeBSD
system. For smaller ports such as fetchmail one can simply,
"make fetch" while online, then build later offline.

But for gnome, fetch does nothing. "make install" will download the
first thing, build it, move on to the next, download & build, and the
next, until done. The other day I dropped my line and went to bed to
find out the next morning Gnome stopped because something was missing.

Anyhow, it just now failed to build for other reasons. Guess the port
and 3.0 are not together yet.