Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 1995 12:48:36 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        CVS-commiters@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-usrbin@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.bin/ncftp .cvsimport.sh cmds.c ftp.c ftprc.c getpass.c main.c ncftp.1 open.c patchlevel.h set.c sys.h tips.c util.c v2_Note

>   Merge with current. Back out all trailing spaces changes, they
>   hits again and again.

Good choice.  Ack.  The white space removal.  A day that shall live in
infamy.  Do you remember where you were?  I remember that day well,
actually.

 David and I had just finished eating a "Pizza El Grande" from Tony
Sanchez's spanish pizza restaurant and were sitting around going
"woog" when, quite coincidently I thought, we heard a report on the
radio about a terrorist attack on Boston's water supply.  Seems some
guy had dumped a railroad car full of valium into the city reservoir
in a attempt to get Boston drivers to actually drive like human
beings, rather than like xenophobic intergalactic spiders from a
culture with a deep, passionate hatred of all 2-legged life forms.  As
we subsequently know, the attempt failed miserably since just as many
pedestrians died in Boston that day, the drivers just managed to feel
even less guilty about it.  It seems to have had an effect on MIT,
however, because everyone over there was evidently asleep when the
call came over -hackers from Poul and Rod announcing the proposed
white-space removal.  David and I must have had our minds on our more
immediate pizza-induced well-being and not our future well-being,
because we certainly didn't say anything either.

And so the deed was done, and we've had cause to wonder "Huh?  What
the hell happened?  Who agreed to this?" ever since.

						Jordan