Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 00:18:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Don <don@calis.BlackSun.org>, Tom <tom@uniserve.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to add route

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Mike Smith wrote:

> > Should i instead be specifying the localhost as the gateway?
>
> You don't add routes for directly connected networks; there's an
> implicit route courtesy of the existence of the interface.
>
> I think this is contra to the way Linux works (requiring an explicit
> route for anything).

	What about if the ethernet had two IP addresses, one from each
Class C or CIDR/24 block, is there any way to specify default routes for
the two addresses for packets outgoing so it knows which upstream provider
to use if we have two T1 links?  Thanks.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]