Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:55:47 +0200
From:      Armand Passelac <apasselac@free.fr>
To:        Eric <efk@bitstream.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How create /dev/apm* ???

[---- On Fri, 22 Aug, 2003 at  9:22, Eric wrote: ----]
> This is better suited towards freebsd-questions, so I'm going to copy this
> to that list.

In freebsd-questions or freebsd-current ???
As somebody point the mistake out to me : I'm working on 5.1 which is the current. So I have just posted this question in freebsd-current.
That's good or not ?

> It is my understanding that ACPI depreciates APM, and that APM was mainly
> used in the 4.x branch. If anyone is the wiser, please correct me.

I'm newcomer on freebsd (before I work several years on Linux).
I have no personal preference between ACPI and APM.
ACPI is more recent and more powerfull than APM.
But with some kind of BIOS the ACPI using, it seems to be impossible.
So I try to use APM.
APM seems to be usable on FreeBSD 5.X.
The HandBook explains how to use it. But I have always  a problem.