Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 21:28:40 -0700
From:      "Arun Sharma" <arun@sharmas.dhs.org>
To:        "Jordan Hubbard" <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Reiser: BSD cliques

> > That puts me at the receiving end :) Given that I have a day time job
> > to do that has nothing to do with open source or FreeBSD, it's going
> > to be a bit tight, but I hate to let this opportunity go. I'll be glad
> > to help out.
>
> OK, can you give me a list of your open PRs?  I'll need it in
> making the case to -core.

o [2000/02/22] kern/16928            dynamic sysctl enhancement
o [2000/03/05] gnu/17214    obrien   gdb doesn't honor auto-solib-add
o [2000/05/12] kern/18524            The current kernel doesn't keep stats on a per cpu basis
o [2001/05/20] bin/27489             patch for feature sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_CONF)

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?category=&severity=&priority=&class=&state=&sort=none&text=&responsible=&multitext=&;
originator=arun

> > However, I still think there may be lots of people who might not be
> > interested in becoming commiters, but might be able to make useful
> > contributions to FreeBSD. I think more needs to be done to make it
> > easy for such people to help FreeBSD. Watch out for upcoming patches
> > to send-pr's web UI!
>
> Well, making it easier to format and send PRs will certainly be a
> help, but without committers dedicated to reviewing and close those
> PRs, we'll just get deeper backlogged.  That's the real shortage
> around here. :(

I'm curious about what kind of an interface developers use to look at these
PRs.

	-Arun