Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 15:00:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Lui <klui@cup.hp.com>
To:        vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca (Tim Vanderhoek)
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot close ATAPI CD tray via wmcdplay

> On Sun, May 30, 1999 at 02:06:16PM -0700, Ken Lui wrote:
> > I'm running FreeBSD 3.2 and wmcdplay will not close my ATAPI CD-ROM's
> > CD tray. The tray will open via software control. Under Linux 2.2.7,
> > wmcdplay opens and closes my CD tray without any problems. Anyone else
> > run into this problem before?
>
> Does it close when you use the cdcontrol(1) "close" command?

No.

I tried patching atapi-cd.c under the obvious places but it does no
good. There are a bunch of code that doesn't get executed via multiple
returns() under acd_eject() and commenting them out doesn't do what's
expected. Also there's code that looks for CDIOCCLOSE but bypassing
the check for an already opened device doesn't allow the try to close
either.

Ken
--
Ken Lui                                19111 Pruneridge Avenue
klui@cup.hp.com                        Cupertino, CA  95014-0795      USA