Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 20:01:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam Blake <blake@sba.miami.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   questions about tun0

I have been having tons of PPPoE problems and I am hoping this will
help get things under control.

I have noticed that ny tunnneling device does not show up at boot time
if I do an ifconfig -a until AFTER I run user ppp in which case it will
also say that it was opened up by process number ... opened by PID 200
for example.

at boot time when my rc.conf file gets read it says tun0 device not found.
My rc.conf file lists all of my devices.

Is this a problem or is this normal when dealing with ppp and tun0?

And yes.. the device DOES EXIST in the /dev directory...

Any thoughts?

Adam