Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:38:41 +0100 (CET)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0 has telnet Problems!

Dear Sirs. It is a kind of confusing an tricky and I'm observing this problem
this day. I just cvsupdated and installed the last stuff, built a kernel, installed
it, rebooted the system. Telnet crashes now, dumps a core. I still have two sessions
open to my remote server (via TERA TERM Pro) but can not open any more session.

It seems to be like the problems in the morning, some customers did not have any chance
to log in. From one remote site I can log in without problems, from a second FBSD 4.0 box
login is no problem, but from our LAN on campus, all the times I get a messages, that my
host closed connections. But why can I log in via a NT client program while the original
telnet of NT does not worlkk well? Is there a new timeout scheme in connecting or some
kind of key-pairs like ssh?

Gruss O. Hartmann