Date:      Sat, 11 Jul 1998 14:10:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        anthony@sohopros.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tar problems

anthony@sohopros.com wrote:
> How can I extract this file while it's on my hard drive?
>
> kdesupport.src.tar
>
> I tried this:
> #tar -xf /usr/local/kde.tmp/kdesupport.src.tar
> but nothing happens.

Nothing will appear on the console.  I assume that the # is your
root prompt, not something you entered, of course.

try
	tar tvf filename
to see the contents of the tar file.

	tar xvf filename

will extract and note the names of the archive contents as they
are expanded.

Dave
--
Sancho Panza: `Microsoft Windows NT Server is the most secure network
	operating system available.'