Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 19:50:32 -0500
From:      "Gooderum, Mark" <mark@jumpweb.com>
To:        "'freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   More DEC Multia Questions

I know, I'm just full of them...first, thanks to everyone pointing out the
obvious, the Multia fan blows _out_, not _in_.  That's what I get for
pondering EMail and holding my hand over vents at 2am after changing a flat
in 40 Deg rain.  Although Bruce's mention of a 3X capacity fan is of
Interest...how does one get a hold of McMaster Carr and what's the part #.

Anyway...

ncr errors:

Seeing the ncr0 errors again, first is a 'SCSI phase error: CCB already
dequed" followed by repeated "timeout nccb" errors.

I have vague memories of similar problems in the early days of working on
Sidewinder when the first BSDI 810 support came out.  As I remember at the
time we actually traced it down to devices occasionally claiming to be
faster than they really were during the Fast SCSI negotiation.  One of the
joys of working for a company big enough to have a SCSI bus analyzer.  I'm
running with an Elite 9 (external case of course...heh) and I remember them
being the offender.  I think we got around it by adding a kernel option to
force the max data rate.  Don't quote me on that, it's been about 4 years.

dec_axppci_33_intr_map: bad interrupt pin XX:

During boot with the GENERIC kernel, I get bunches of
dec_axppci_33_intr_map: bad interrupt pin XX errors.  Lots of 30s and one
0x79.

Other drivers:

Before I waste my time, anyone know if the sound (Multia's have a WSS/MSS
compatible on the MB)  or lpt/ppbus drivers work on the Alpha port?
--
Mark