Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:33:23 -0000
From:      Richard Morse <remorse@partners.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with latest update and network

Hi!  I just CVSup'd (last Thursday) and upgraded my system to RELENG_4.
  I now cannot connect (seemingly) to the network.  Whenever I try to
ping and outside system, I get "ping: sendto: no route to host".  I
can't ping my router, or even hosts with known IP addresses.  I don't
see anything odd in `netstat -a` or `ifconfig`, but I'm not the worlds
greatest networker, so I'm not sure that I would know what is odd.
uname reports the system as "4.9_PRERELEASE".  The ethernet card is (I
think) and Intel card -- the device is 'ep'.

Any suggestions on what I can look at to figure out what is going wrong?

Thanks,
Ricky Morse