Date:      Sun, 04 Apr 1999 15:14:06 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        Ramin & Starla Motlagh <RLMotlagh@worldnet.att.net>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG.'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mem Problem

At 02:51 PM 4/4/99 , Ramin & Starla Motlagh wrote:
>FreeBSD reads only < %50  of my RAM(62640K) There are 4 32MEG simms
>installed, Windows reads 128MB. Also DOS reads 65MB RAM only.
>is the problem with my main board?

Don't know about DOS, but...

You didn't say which version of FreeBSD you have installed. Some versions
have trouble detecting over 64MB due to the way the BIOS reports the
installed RAM. You may want to try building a custom kernel with

options	"MAXMEM=131072"

--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com ) ICQ UIN: 692441