Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2000 19:01:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      The Clark Family <res03db2@gte.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Updating ipfw at dhcp induced ip address change.

I'm going to setup a (FreeBSD) 4.0R system to be my UADSL Firewall,
transparent accelerated webcache/proxy, webserver, imap server,
fetchmail, voicemai, etc.

My question is; if I write my filter and natd rules to refer to fxp1
instead of my dhcp assigned address, will dhcpd bump ipfw for me when/if
dhcp changes my address.

(fxp1 is my outside interface).

I'm also thinking that I'll hang squid and apache on the loopback
interface at non privileged ports.

Any tips, clues, or info would be appreciated.

Thanks, [RC]