Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:18:41 -0600
From:      "Gerardo Paredes" <gerardo_enrique_paredes@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   where is the FreeBSD roadmap?

if there is a roadmap about where the FreeBSD foundation is leading the
operating system i would like to know where is it!!
i think a roadmap telling us where the project is going would be good, not
just for the community but for the developers themselves.

I just have about 3 months of using FreeBSD (i am still using 4.2, b    just
downloaded 4.5 and i am gonna give it a try) but i find it amusing,
entertaining and above all powerful, it gives you the power to crunch lots
of data while still leaving your machine usable for everyday use, and all of
that with rock solid stability (oh, i forgot what the word reboot means).
The point i want to make here is that i would like to know where the project
is headed, at what stage would be the 5.0 SMP code in his best time, i would
like also more documentation about clustering on the main FreeBSD.org
website both for the Parallel model and for the distributed model, i think
would take something around $2000 dollars just to show to power users how to
build  a supercomputer with some pentium chips, maybe i am wrong maybe i am
not, but the roadmap is imperative i think.

Since i live in a third world country i see that amount of money as a lot,
if someone is willing to help me gather the parts or is working on that and
need some SIMMS and a Pentium MMX 200, whitout MB that  could use to make
and document the creating of a low budget cluster, if someone want to help
or need my chips to fully develop that project i would like to work on it
and count with this hardware:

- a computer case w/power supply
- 64 MB of memory- 4/16MB SIMMS
- a Pentium 200 MMX