Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 20:52:51 +1000
From:      "Tim McCullagh" <timbo@halenet.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Acer Acufeel Keyboard support and FreeBSD release 4.1

Hi

Has any one experience the behaviour where,

When I tried to install Release 4.1 using an Acer Acufeel keyboard the
system would go straight to the /stand/sysinstall screen without any
keyboard support.
The boot up messages said that the keyboard has exited with a signal 6 error

Yet on the same machines that displayed this behaviour if I plugged in an
old keyboard eveything behaved normally

I have had 2 machines display the same behaviour.  Both have different
hardware.  The only common parts were they were all P2's  and both had 128MB
of Ram.   One had a Tyan Thunder Dual processor MB the other was a Gigabyte
BX2000+

Everything else was different.

Can anyone tell me what might be the cause of this?

Release 4.0 works fine with both keyboards

Please reply directly as I am not on this list

Thanks in advance

Tim