Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2012 15:39:27 -0400
From:      "Graham Todd" <gtodd@bellanet.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmaster --check-depends with pkgng exits immediately

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 13:34:32 -0400, Alberto Villa <avilla@freebsd.org>
wrote:

> On Monday 16 April 2012 16:17:52 Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
>> So does "pkg check -ad" do exactly what "portmaster --check-depends"
>> did before?
>
> I've been maintaining the portmaster patch so far, and didn't enable that
> option yet. In few days I'll push some updates, and one should be
> --check-
> depends (I was waiting for a man page).

Is this the patch?

https://github.com/pkgng/pkgng/blob/master/ports/portmaster.patch

When installing from a port can a patched portmaster update *both* pkgng
databases and /var/db/pkg/*/  ?
Installing from source with the regular version of portmaster and then
trying to incrementally sync up with pkg2ng doesn't work too well.