Date:      Mon, 2 Jun 1997 20:41:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com (Thomas David Rivers)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's wrong with a bootable CDROM???

Thomas David Rivers wrote:

>  Now - the machine is rebooted; say because of a powerfail, in an
> unattended situation.  My aha2940UW dutifully discovers the bootable
> CD-ROM, assigns it to drive A and boots.

Yes, this is _exactly_ why i hate floppy disks!

The FreeBSD core team should immediately drop support of all floppy
disk or CDROM hardware in all and every future releases and should
force all the users to install bootproms on their network cards to
simply boot from boot.<countrycode>.freebsd.org. Life would be so
easy ... :-)

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
       There is a difference between an open mind and a hole in the head