Date:      24 Mar 2003 00:23:31 -0500
From:      Adam <blueeskimo@gmx.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Generating passwords

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 23:38, Tony wrote:
> Is there a program that will give unique passwords to be as login passwords.
> I seems to always stumble over deciding what it do.

> Idealy the program would do somethin like running the backgound generating
> passwords or random numbers and when asked generate a login
> password...

-$ cat /usr/ports/security/apg/pkg-descr
An automated password generator, using several strong algorithms
for random and/or pronounceable password generation, and a built-in
pseudo-random number generator.

WWW:		http://www.adel.nursat.kz/apg/
Author:		Adel I. Mirzazhanov <a-del@iname.com>

This is a pretty popular and highly regarded password generator .. Give
it a shot ..

Once it's installed, type 'man 8 apgd' .. This seems to be what you're after ..

--
Adam <blueeskimo@gmx.net>