Date:      Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:35:59 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usb module orginization

Bernd Walter wrote this message on Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 00:15 +0200:
> Also it would be a great idea to split the usb module into usb, ehci,
> ohci, uhci and maybe uhub.

-current is broken wrt split usb modules.  when you set usbd_enable="YES"
in rc.conf, it only loads the usb device.  If you then load ugen or any
other device, any existing devices are not reprobed.  You have to unplug
and replug the device back in.  So if you broke uhub out, then you'd
be in even work trouble since you can't disconnect the internal hub to
magicly make it appear.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579