Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 23:10:07 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@mailhost.coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        jamie@inna.net (Jamie Bowden)
Cc:        imp@village.org, jonny@mailhost.coppe.ufrj.br, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, mgessner@aristar.com
Subject:   Re: talk and talkd

#define quoting(Jamie Bowden)
// On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Warner Losh wrote:
//
// > In message <199612161855.QAA26056@gaia.coppe.ufrj.br> Joao Carlos Mendes Luis writes:
// > : I'd like to use something text-oriented.  The default inetd.conf mentions
// > : a /usr/old/talkd, but I could not find any reference about it.  Does it
// > : really exists ?
//
// > even if you had old/talkd (which may be on one of the Lite CDs), it
// > wouldn't help you talk to suns.  Unless your compiler pads things
// > exactly the same way as the sun compiler, it won't work :-(.
//
// Fortunately, most suns have standard ntalkd put on them by their admins.
// At least, all the ones I admin'd ended up with it on them.  Most of the
// other sun admins I know did/do the same.

Yup, but my problem is when my users want to talk with someone on a Sun
system which does not have such a good manager.  :)

Since we can't change all Sun system in world, let's try to make our
system at least able to talk with them.

I've not yet taken a look at ytalk, but if the other side needs to use
ytalk also, does not solve my problem.

//
// Jamie Bowden
//