Date:      Sat, 31 Oct 1998 12:44:19 +1100 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@phrantic.phear.net>
To:        "Michael G." <mikegoe@ibm.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XF86 install question

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Michael G. wrote:

> I'm getting ready to re-install FreeBSD 3.0 Release.
> Normally when I install X I do it during the system build,
> but the last time I did it XF86 was not registerred as a
> pkg and thus no other X apps would install (incedentily I
> fooled them by creating dummy files).  My question is this,
> if you install X as a pkg after the main system is
> installed..what gets installed?  I.E. does this include the
> source?  What fonts?  Which video drivers?  ..If the answer
> is all of these then obviously not the way to go.  Any
> input would be appreciated.

Use /stand/sysinstall after you've reinstalled.  Choose Distributions,
the XFree86.  You'll be able to choose which parts of the distribution
you want to install.

Hope this helps,

Jim

: Jim Mock			| [jim@phrantic.phear.net]	:
: Phear Networks		| web: http://www.phear.net/	:
: A franchise of Triax, Inc.	| -----------------------------	:
: Web Site Design & Hosting	| FreeBSD: The Power to Serve	:
: Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	| http://www.freebsd.org/	: