Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2019 10:21:43 +0100
From:      Oliver Schonrock <oliver@schonrocks.com>
To:        joneum@FreeBSD.org, sunpoet@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Potential New FreeBSD Port: php72-pecl-DS - Data Structures

--tMLqsDR7Hmd4RzaGY1jfOwHJZVLgDY64a
From: Oliver Schonrock <oliver@schonrocks.com>
To: joneum@FreeBSD.org, sunpoet@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org

--Gntl0lsgLkdZKAf5v4vpBzfCzUNrf2M6B

Hello PECL port maintainers

There is a appealing "newish" pecl php extension, which addresses some
of php's long standing shortcomings in well defined data structures
replacing the ubiquitous "array()".=C2=A0

Efficient data structures for PHP 7, provided as an alternative to the
array <https://www.php.net/manual/en/language.types.array.php>.

https://www.php.net/manual/en/book.ds.php

https://github.com/php-ds/ext-ds

https://medium.com/@rtheunissen/efficient-data-structures-for-php-7-9dda7=
af674cd

Interest has been expressed from several FreeBSD users wanting to use
this extension for data intensive projects:

https://github.com/php-ds/ext-ds/issues/142

There does not appear to be a current FreeBSD port for this extension,
and we are wondering whether there is a specific reason, such as
compilation or other problems, or whether it is simply a matter of port
maintainer bandwidth?

If it is the latter, and there are no known issues, I am happy to help
create/compile/test. The extension is very actively maintained, and devs
have offered help.

Your input and help is appreciated.

Thanks

--=20