Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 04:19:26 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Mike Meyer" <mwm@mired.org>, "Dr Nancy's Sweetie" <kilroy@copland.rowan.edu>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ok, try this one:   www.t13.org

Mike, if you get a response on this let me know.  However, I
suspect that the issue isn't books but rather standards
documents, which are a completely different issue.  For example
anyone can walk into an Engineering library and check out
IEEE standards documents, these are the same standards that
IEEE sells for thousands of dollars or more.  It would be no
surprise if groups like IEEE were attempting to block off
libraries access to new versions of engineering standards.
(thank goodness most networking people rejected IEEE's attempt
to get their fingers into TCP/IP standardization and stuck
with IETF)

http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
Independent WWW/Perforce/FreeBSD/Unix consultant, email for more
information.