Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:57:01 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Peter Brezny <peter@skyrunner.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: manual nfs configuration not working

> From: "Peter Brezny" <peter@skyrunner.net>
> To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
> Subject: manual nfs configuration not working
> Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:01:41 -0400
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to configure a system to temporarily allow nfs connections (i
> don't want it coming up automatically via configs in rc.conf).
>
> So i configured /etc/exports  then manually started
> portmap
> nfsd
> mountd
>
> in that order, but when I try to connect from a client, I get:
> nfsd: RPCPROG_NFS: RPC: Program not registered
>
> I see nfsd listed in the process list, i'm running at kernsecure level 2.

    Setup of nfs (both the client and server) is described in the
    handbook, with instructions for bot rc.conf and manual startup.
    Follow the instructions verbatim, it worked for me just yesterday on
    two STABLE boxes.

    I'm not sure if your securelevel setting doesn't interfere, though.

--
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE
10:55AM up 6 days, 22:49, 17 users, load averages: 0.04, 0.03, 0.01