Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 01:57:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      david lubowa <ziggydavie@yahoo.com>
To:        "J.S." <johann@broadpark.no>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mysterious disappearance of files

--0-632963607-1010656645=:68309

 well i dont know wether this will help alot but you can check when the dir was last modified do an
ls -l /your/music/dir , check your logs, do you have an cron jobs , check lastlog cause i dont think things can just disappear ...!!
my 2 cents
ciao
  "J.S." <johann@broadpark.no> wrote: Hi.

I store all my MP3 files in ~/mp3. All my temporary, unorganized MP3's are
placed in ~/mp3/.TRANSIT/release-group/files.mp3.

I just arrived at my computer, and now one of the three directories in
~/mp3/.TRANSIT/ have mysteriously disappeared. I have absolutely no idea
why they arn't there. The same goes for all the albums in ~/mp3 except the
temporary-temporary ones I've given a .album_name in the same directory.

Can it be mount_null? I doubt it, considering I just did a umount.

Please, I'd really like to get them back. They mean a lot to me.

Thanks.

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail.
--0-632963607-1010656645=:68309

<P> well i dont know wether this will help alot but you can check when the dir was last modified do an
<P>ls -l /your/music/dir , check your logs, do you have an cron jobs , check lastlog cause i dont think things can just disappear ...!!
<P>my 2 cents
<P>ciao
<P>&nbsp; <B><I>"J.S." &lt;johann@broadpark.no&gt;</I></B> wrote:
Send FREE <a href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/?http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/">video</a>; emails in <a href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/?http://mail.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Mail</a>.