Date:      Tue, 02 Jan 1996 14:28:25 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, bora@wireless.stanford.edu, imp@village.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X for install (was: Re: syscons driver)

> 	sounds like the configure script from perl-4.036.  asks a bunch
> of questions, searches out information, does some tiny compilies.  then
> lets the user edit a file containing all the data.

You can actually do something like this now with the existing `scripting'
abilities of sysinstall.  Write a little Windows program that spits out the
appropriate configuration data (see /usr/src/release/sysinstall/freebsd.cfg
for my laptop's installation script file) after asking Joe User all kinds
of questions.  It's not that far off as it is!

						Jordan