Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 07:16:12 -0400
From:      Ken Monville <Ken.Monville@Ferguson.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multihead XFree86 4.0 beta 3.9.15 working

I had the same netscape problem.  It appears that the new libraries must
have a new config file somewhere which is not what the old (a.out)
libraries want.  After I built ELF binaries, I went back built the X
libraries in a.out and installed them in /usr/X11R6/lib/aout.  Netscape
was suddenly happy.

I can also report success with multi-headness.  I have a Matrox Millenium
8M PCI and a Matrox Millenium G200 8M AGP and they are working great.  The
only catch was the Gamma was messed up on the AGP card and needed to be
hardcoded in XF86Config per the docs.

Ken

--
Ken.Monville@Ferguson.com  -  Unix System Administrator
Ferguson Enterprises, Inc -  (757)989-2476