Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 2000 17:51:16 +0300
From:      Alex Popa <razor@ldc.ro>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   accepting PPP incoming calls

Can anyone help me a little with PPP.

I used /usr/share/examples/ppp/ppp.conf.sample, section "server",
for inspiration.

I want the users with an account on the server machine to be able
to log in over the modem ONLY by using ppp, or atleast to have
the machine run pppd automatically when they try to do so.

Can you tell me what I need to set in /etc/ttys or /etc/gettytab
or some other files in order to achieve this?

(Note: I am running 4-STABLE, cvsupped last night)

Also, can you tell me if it is OK to assign addresses from my internal
network in the "set ifaddr" command.

Thanks,
	Alex