Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 2002 12:42:42 -0500
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@tp.databus.com>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Andre Oppermann <oppermann@tix.ch>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: [lir-wg] Important Informational Message - root.zone change]

While it's important to make the change eventually, there is no
need to panic - named.root is used only at named start, and is
soon replaced internally by the actual list of roots.  Also, named
works fine as long as at least one root's address is correct.
Also, the old address will continue to work for quite a while.
This does not mean you can just forget about it, though.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.