Date:      Mon,  8 Jan 96 18:05:54 EST
From:      rdame@access.digex.net
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   unable to boot from scsi drive

-------------------------------------
Name: R.dame
E-mail: rdame@access.digex.net
Date: 01/08/96
Time: 18:05:54

This message was sent by Chameleon
-------------------------------------
	I recently installed FreeBSD on my SCSI II drive. FreeBSD is installed on the second partition of sd0 and a small
DOS partition is on the first partition of that drive.  However, when I try to boot it I receive a Panic message that the
kernel cannot be mounted on the sd0a partition and sds1 will be tried.  Then the system re-starts.  The only way that I can
boot the drive is to Use hd(1,a)/kernel at the boot prompt.  I have a line in the kernel configuration file " config kernel
root on sds1a".  I have tried "config kernel root on sd0a.  I previously had one drive with a Western Digital controller
which allowed me to boot with the FreeBSD on the second partition of wd0. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Richard Dame