Date:      Sun, 7 Jun 1998 19:37:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Garth Salmon <g_salmon@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot Error

---Louis Elias Gourvelos <louis_gourvelos@ccon.com.au> wrote:

> Hi there
> I have a little problem, well I think it is.....
> I can not get my hard drive to boot after doing the Novice
installation
> of the OS 2.2.6 which I purchased the cd-roms fromWlnut Creek.
> I set the partition to dangerous mode, as I want the pc to be a
totally
> stand alone freeBSD and I check that the settings are correct for the
> partition
> CA>=

I have the same problem, I installed the free BSD 2.2.6 disk
everything seems to go fine.  It says to take out the floppy disk and
to reboot.  I do that and get the error: Disk boot failure insert
system disk.
I asked it to install the boot manager, I set the partition active.
I'm really not sure what I'm missing, I don't have any other operating
system installed yet since if I have my windows NT installed I get the
error 36 when trying to install Free BSD.  Maybe I just need to to a
install it without the boot manager?  I really hope someone can point
me in the right direction

Thanks

Garth