Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:06:39 -0700
From:      "Cliff L. Biffle" <cbiffle@safety.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   SBLive (emu10k1) support and so forth

I've been grepping through the mailing list archives and haven't found mu=
ch=20
recent conclusive information about emu10k1 support under FreeBSD 4.x (we=
ll,=20
4-STABLE specifically).  I have a PCI SoundBlaster Live! (first revision)=
,=20
and I'd like to see better driver support (digital I/O, etc.).  The curre=
nt=20
emu10k1 driver works for me and gets me pretty decent OSS functionality, =
but=20
access to the optical or S/PDIF digital I/O would be spiffy, not to menti=
on=20
the separate rear-channel outputs.  Is anyone currently on this?  Is ther=
e=20
any more information on whether or not the Linux driver will be able to b=
e=20
ported?

Also, while this is not an immediate concern, eventually I'd like to get=20
access to the wavetable synthesis capabilites of the card.  While Creativ=
e's=20
drivers don't allow this under Linux, there are ALSA drivers that include=
=20
both support for the MPU401-emulation and the more card-specific MIDI=20
controls; anyone looked at those?

If this is of limited interest to the community, I may break code on a po=
rt=20
myself.  I'd really like to get this working. :-)

-Cliff L. Biffle